Previously in Delivery

I.e. a reminder summary (suggestion: wouldn't you rather read the whole thing anew?)

After Dana Bahn, Guy escaped from Ceres and moved to another city – Nyccoss, where he lives in the poorest district, sharing a flat with a few people he'd come to call his friends. He is torn between terrible remorse and – still – anger and hatred towards Iason. He mourns Riki but at the same time he despises him for what he had become. In short, Guy is pretty miserable and in constant turmoil.

In Tanagura he is believed to be dead, only Katze who helped in his escape knows the truth. But Katze hasn't told anyone, not even Raoul.

Raoul now holds Iason's former position, but he is only a substitute boss, a temporary outcome. The actual power is divided among a few people – including him. Jupiter justifies her decision claiming that Raoul has never been destined to become the city's head. He has no idea what her long-term ideas are – Iason's due successor is still a long way from adulthood. But of course he doesn't question her decision.

One day Guy is arrested 'for possession of illegal substances'. It is clearly a pretense – as for the real reason, he has no idea. The only thing he can connect with his arrest is the fact that he was being followed by two unknown men for the last few days and then attacked by them. But he kicked the men's asses and ran away.

Guy's data taken from him in the police station is automatically sent to Jupiter and this way she finds out that the killer of her first son is not dead. She gets veeery angry. She informs Raoul who immediately guesses who is responsible. Pressed by the Blondie, Katze finally tells him the truth – how Riki went to die with Iason and how it was their 'last wish' that Guy lived. Raoul is touched by the story, but he still has to carry out Jupiter's order: deliver Guy to Tanagura to be executed. He asks Katze for help in bringing the mongrel back. Katze gives this task to Daryl, who is currently in Nyccoss.

In the meantime in Nyccoss two men come to the police station to pick up Guy. They are the same men who attacked him on the street. They work for the most prominent criminal in the area – Luis Moreno also known as the Crimelord. One of 'the delegates' is Mark Moreno – the Crimelord's son, commonly called Junior. Moreno pays off the police in Nyccoss. It was in fact he who arranged arresting Guy: since his men weren't able to kidnap him from the street, they will pick him up from the police station. Unfortunately for them, the order from Tanagura comes first and the police refuse to turn Guy in. Junior informs his father about the situation and receives new orders.

Daryl hates Guy after Dana Bahn. He was friends with Riki and blames Guy for what happened. After he takes the prisoner from the police's hands, Guy receives a message from the Crimelord that his roommates have been kidnapped and will be killed unless he turns himself in. Guy has no idea what Moreno wants from him, and the Crimelord doesn't want to tell him; he just mentions a 'common friend'. Guy buys himself a week of time to escape his guard and come to the Crimelord's Citadel to make a trade. In fact Daryl is listening to the conversation. Guy begs him not to take him to Tanagura right away, to at least try to save his friends somehow.

Daryl informs Katze. Katze informs Raoul – Raoul comes up with a plan of sorts. Daryl and Guy are told to stay put and wait, while Raoul and Katze do the job.

The Blondie is summoned by Jupiter again. He tries to excuse Katze and to his surprise it works. Not only is she lenient about the dealer's offence, she also allows Raoul to keep him, although she clearly suspects the forbidden relationship between them. The Blondie is truly bewildered after the meeting.

The next evening they take off for the trip to the deserts to carry out their plan. They head towards Nyccoss by car, stopping in the motels and bars, and setting it about that they have an offer for the Crimelord.

In the meantime Guy finds out who Daryl really is. In spite of the ex-furniture's clear aversion towards him, he pleads with him to tell him about Riki – the Riki from the times he was Iason's pet, the Riki Guy didn't know, but Daryl did. It is his unique chance to fill that gap. Daryl reluctantly agrees. The picture that emerges from his story is completely different from what Guy believed in. The mongrel realizes that Riki was not destroyed by Iason, that their relationship was much more complicated and that they in fact really loved each other – as warped a love it was. Daryl admires Riki, tells Guy how tough he was for all that time. Listening to that, Guy finally gets rid of his anger and finds a peace of mind, however shadowed by remorse.

Daryl, for his part, also reviews his picture of Guy. He realizes that what the mongrel did was an effect of fatal incomprehension. If he knew the real picture, probably everything would have turned out differently. He also sees Guy's devotion towards his friends. Gradually his hatred fades and they come to terms with each other. Guy starts to see Daryl as his 'extension' of Riki – someone who gave him back his belief in Riki, someone who gave him the Riki from the times he wasn't with Guy. The fact that he finds Daryl strikingly attractive is not helping.

Although Daryl creates an appearance of a perfectly cool man, he has his own angst hidden deep within himself. The cravings surface one night when he is forced to share a bed with Guy. Surface only in his mind. For now.

In the heat of the deserts Raoul and Katze's relationship unexpectedly shifts to a new level. Finally they find passion between each other. At last in one of motels they come across someone with connection or at least that's what Katze's instinct tells him.

At the same time Guy – with the help of Daryl – finally figures what must be the reason of the Crimelord's interest in him. The 'common friend' is apparently the Doc – the man who took care of Guy's prosthetic arm. Guy had acquired a shadow back in Nyccoss after his last visit at the Doc, when the scientist put something into his arm explaining that it needed correction (Guy didn't feel that anything was wrong). Now the Doc is dead and Guy is being chased by the Crimelord. Conclusion: the thing in Guy's arm is of importance to Moreno. Action: cut Guy's arm open, take the thing out and check what it is. That's what they intend to do.



>> On to Delivery – chapter 7

 

 

 

Close the window to go back, click here to skip to the Start